Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday Fun

Well I am over a month behind on my blogging so I figured I better get to it! I shall reminisce about the last month in the next few posts, okie doke. I had a lovely two-day birthday celebration for my 33rd. The night before the big day, my "little family" (as Gracie calls our immediate fam) went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant Abuelo's...yummy! We then made our way to the Morgan household to see our "big family" (as Gracie calls everyone else related to us), who had a little party prepared. Mom made me a special lemon cake, as I'd been craving all things lemon. I received musical birthday cards from my dad and brother which delighted the girls with their princess and Wizard of Oz tunes. I opened presents, we ate cake, played, laughed, etc. Aren't birthdays the best?!

The next day (my actual b-day) Mom and I went to see my favorite musical RENT in Tempe. Two of the original cast members were in this production which was just beyond exciting to me! It was so wonderful...you could truly feel the energy and connection in that theater. I tried to hold on to that feeling as long as possible. Thanks for a wonderful birthday gift, Mom, one I will always remember!



Our Little Family


Our Big Family



What's a party without Hula-Hoopin'


Mama and Gracie


Kate getting ready to do something naughty...love this look!


My attempt to blow out the six candles (3 tens and 3 ones = 33)


The candle fiasco! My family delighted in the fact that their runner girl couldn't muster up enough breath to blow out any of the candles. Good thing Grace and Kate were there to save the day!



Me and Mom off to see Rent!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute. My favorite is lemon anything too. Happy 33rd. I will be joining you in 5 days.

duckyhouse said...

Oh lemon anything is to die for, I'm so with you there. Happy 33rd Birthday, you look great and so does your family and your "big family"