Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baby I'm a Star!


Wow, the first dance recital! Who knew it would be such an ordeal for a little 2 minute tap routine! From costumes, to make-up, to pictures, to rehearsals, etc., it seemed a little much at times but it was all worth it in the end, as the girls were absolutely thrilled to perform on the big stage for an audience. I will have their huge performance smiles etched into my memory forever. I was so proud of them (along with all the tiny tot dancers) for getting up on stage and dancing. It makes me a bit emotional to even think about it...these little teeny things just getting up there and sharing what they've learned. I'm so glad they had that sweet experience and that I got to witness it.

The girls danced to "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story; all of the numbers were from popular movie songs. Unfortunately I don't have pictures to share from the performance because we weren't allowed to take them, but I do have before and after the recital pictures. We did buy the video which is very sweet.




The girls with Miss Jessie, their fabulous teacher


Kate and Gracie with their friend Calle


The following three were from picture day

1 comment:

duckyhouse said...

I love their costumes. It's amazing how much prep goes into a 2 minute routine. The girls look absolutely fabulous! The video is such a good idea.