Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ouch!!!





In Kate's own words

On how she got the stitches:
I was jump-roping with yellow blankie at Mama's and I accidentally hit my chin on the floor. I banged it super hard so it bleeded. And then Mama put a wash 'closh' on me so it wouldn't drip. Mama gave me an ice pack and a paper towel to block the ice pack. And then my Mommy came to Mama's to see what happened. Mommy took me to the kid's hospital. They gave me some cold medicine to put on my chin. It got warmer and warmer and warmer until it was good. It wasn't that hot. And then they put seven blue stitches in and we left.

On getting the stitches taken out:
We got my stitches out in Truckee. It hurted on one of them but all the rest were really good. My chin looks better now. I have to put lotion on it every day to make it heal faster.

2 comments:

russellmaynard said...

Stitches!! She's a trooper for sure! You can hardly even see the scar now. The lotion must be working :)

duckyhouse said...

That looks like such a bad cut. Poor Kate. I'm glad she handled it well. I hope it heals fast.